Active@ CD/DVD/Bluray Burner
Active@ Data CD/DVD/Blu-ray Burner is a software used to burn files and folders onto CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, HD DVD and Blu-ray discs. To simplify the data burning process - all parameters you entered are stored as user's settings. Next time you run the software - previous settings appear in the dialog. Collection of items in the file tree can be saved and loaded later on.
Automation and Unicode characters (non-English file names and folder names, like Chinese or Spanish) are fully supported. Command line parameters are supported to automate the data burning process.
New! Released version 3.1.24 which includes new features:
- Completely new user interface
- Blu-ray support
- Any local user may burn files onto disc (without Administrator's rights)
- Ability to save/restore file collections
- Command line option /ADDFOLDER=FOLDERPATH adds the contents of the folder to the root
How to write files and folders to the CD/DVD/Blu-ray disk:
Follow these steps to burn files and folders to the Data CD/DVD/Blu-ray disk:
Step 1: Specify files and folders to be burned.
- Click Add File toolbar button to add a single file, or several files (multi-selection supported) to a collection using the standard Open File dialog.
- Click Add Folder toolbar button , or press Insert key, to add a single folder to a collection using the standard Browse for Folder dialog.
- Choose Create New Folder menu item from drop down menu of Add Folder toolbar button, to create a new folder within a tree.
- Use context menu over File Tree area to execute the same commands.
- You can also Drag and Drop files and folders to the File Tree area from the Windows Explorer.
Step 2: Choose a Target, or burning device and Transport: SPTI, SPTD or ASPI:
- SPTI — This transport is preferable for NT-based systems (NT4/2000/XP/Vista). It can't be used for Windows 9x (95/98/ME) systems. Under Vista allows to burn user without Administrator's rights. XP and earlier systems — Administrator's rights required.
- SPTD — This transport is preferable for NT-based systems (NT4/2000/XP/Vista). It can't be used for Windows 9x (95/98/ME) systems. Requires special drivers to be installed and machine reboot is needed. If drivers installed properly — allows any local user to burn (without Administrator's rights).
- ASPI — Intended for Windows 9x systems (98/ME). For others still supported in compatibility mode, but requires winaspi32.dll in the application directory.
Step 3: In Options - specify burning preferences:
- Disc Label — by default it is a current date.
- Speed — select one of available speeds supported by burner and media combination. Auto-Select — by default.
- Erase Media — for Read-Write (RW) media type — erases it first before burning starts
- Burn in Test mode — simulates burning process, but laser is turned off
- Verify Data — after burning is complete — verify how data has been written, check for reading errors
- Eject Media — after burning is complete — eject CD/DVD/Blu-ray
Step 4. Insert a blank CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc into the CD/DVD/Blue-ray disc drive and click the Burn Data button.
Step 5. See the progress. To cancel data burning you can click the Cancel button.
Automation of burning data to CD/DVD-ROM/Blu-ray
BurnDataCD.EXE [/ADD=FOLDERPATH] [/FILE=FULLPATH] [/BURN] /[EXIT-IF-OK] [/ERASE] [/VERIFY] [/EJECT] [/TITLE]
Software accepts command line parameters to automate burning process:
- /ADD=FOLDERPATH — adds a folder to the list of items to be burned. FOLDERPATH parameter is a full path (i.e. "C:\Program Files\My Folder\") to the target item to be burned. Must be in quotes if contains spaces.
- /FILE=FULLPATH — loads a tree from a collection being saved previously. If item exists in collection, but not on disk, it just being ignored. FULLPATH parameter is a full path (i.e. "C:\Program Files\My Folder\My Collection.cdb") to the saved collection. Must be in quotes if contains spaces.
- /ADDFOLDER=FOLDERPATH — adds contents of the folder to the root of the CD/DVD/Blu-ray being burned. FOLDERPATH parameter is a full path (i.e. "C:\Program Files\My Folder\") to the target item to be burned. Must be in quotes if contains spaces.
- /ERASE — erases RW media before burning starts. Ignored if media not RW.
- /VERIFY — file tree verification after burn process has completed.
- /EJECT — ejects media after burning.
- /TITLE — sets a label for a disc to be burned.
- /BURN — process of burning data CD/DVD starts automatically right after program launch. If some command line parameters not specified explicitly, last used parameters will be loaded for the command execution.
- /EXIT-IF-OK — if command is successfully completed, program auto-exits. If errors detected - you will see error messages on the dialog (no auto-exit).
To burn Data CD/DVD automatically from command line and exit the program after successful burning, run:
C:\> BurnDataCD.exe /ADD="C:\Temp\My Folder" /VERIFY /EJECT /BURN /EXIT-IF-OK
This command adds a content of folder "C:\Temp\My Folder" (with all its content - recursively) to the list of items to be burned, starts burning immediately after loading, verifies data when burning is complete, ejects media, and exists if no errors detected.
How to Register the Active@ Data CD/DVD Burner Software
To register the software, click the register button on the top bar of application.
The Enter Key dialog box appears:
- If you have not purchased your registration key yet, click Buy Now! to go to our web site and purchase it online.
- In the Name field, type in the name exactly as it is given to you after the purchase is complete.
- In the Key field, type in your registration key, or you may copy your registration key and paste it in this field.
- Click OK.
No data size limit. Download immediately after the purchase. Customer Support Center email: email@example.com